Thursday, June 5, 2014

Just recently, I went to Promenada to buy books from a book shop.Of the books that I bought, I purchased The Invisible ManI had first been introduced to the book through Emma (a fellow classmate), who had been reading it during our silent reading time.Once I had been given the summer AP homework, I noticed that The Invisible Man was one of the options to choose from for the summer reading assignment. I had been curious about the book, so I thought it was a opportunity to get to read it.
The Invisible Man was written by  H. G. Wellsborn in Bromley, England 1866. His first novel, The Time Machine was a great success and lead to his literary popularity. Many of his novels feature social and scientific factors, and is known to be an author, historian, and a distinguished social and political idealist. Many of his predictions of the future came true. So much that he is sometimes called "the Father of Futurism." But he is best known as "the Father of Science Fiction" (Herbert George Wells).



I did not know what to expect from the book, except that there would probably be an unusual character called the Invisible Man. The brief summary of the novel on the back of the book gave me the slight impression that there would be some violent and mysterious scenes throughout the novel, but other than that, I had no perception of how the story would proceed. I hoped at the time that I would be able to read through the novel without having to encounter graphic scenes that may be a challenge for me to read. (I am writing in past tense because I have already read past the middle of the book. I will promptly post my views and opinions on the book so far in the following posts.)

Hope you have a great day! 

http://pinkbluelovescute.com/2012/09/cute-puppy-with-a-toy-duck/
-A Cup of Memories

Work Cited

"Herbert George Wells." Bio. A&E Television Networks, 2014. Web. 05 June 2014

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, Angie!

    The Invisible Man that is on the reading list is not the H.G. Wells novel, but the Ralph Ellison novel. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding! You could try calling BCA to see if/when the library is open this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! really? It's my fault for not paying attention.. thank you for making me aware of it!

    ReplyDelete