Monday, August 25, 2014

The Old Man and the Sea is truly an intriguing book. Though the book seems simple and repetitive, the simplicity and repetitions of certain phrases made me think even more deeply. Though most of the book seems very straight forward, there several phrases and comments that caused me to have to stop reading and think over what it possibly meant.
I don;t remember the last time that i have been so clearly taken by a book. Even though the book is short, it has a peculiar taste to its form of writing which pulls the reader in deeper and deeper into its pages.
This written work truly reflects the originality and ingenuity of Ernest Hemingway, and why his writing form had intrigued many readers. I have come to admire Hemingway's form of writing greatly.
The fact that I could be so taken by such few pages and simple words is mind boggling to me and I do not completely understand why I enjoyed this book so much. When I stopped reading the book, it seemed like I had been traveling with the old man, questioning him, and observing the things that he was. It is truly a  magical feeling.
But one thing I am afraid of is that some readers may not truly taste the book for what it is by just quickly skimming through its pages. When reading this book, I encourage the reader to attempt to dig more deeply into the book to discover the charisma of Hemingway's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment